In today’s world, nonprofit professionals have to learn at the speed of change. But our learning must be efficient and strategic. That’s why we created Elevation as an action learning resource for nonprofit professionals.
We recommend using Elevation as a quick learning resource for yourself and your team.
- Explore the Elevation Learning Streams to build or refresh your skills in strategy, leadership, management, teamwork, and the fundamentals of professional success.
- Explore the Elevation Insight blog for book reviews and articles on vital topics in nonprofit management.
- Learn more about the Elevation Learning Model.
The Elevation content is curated by CHS from subject matter experts within and beyond the nonprofit sphere.
Please share your feedback on how we can optimize Elevation for you and your team.
Elevation is organized around a set of six Learning Streams focused on essential skills for nonprofit professionals. Click any Learning Stream below to get started.
At CHS we are always learning from the amazing people we encounter in our work. We share what we learn through the Elevation Insight blog.
- Strategic Learning for Nonprofit Excellence
- Achieving Health Equity through Health Opportunity
- Leading in Trying Times
- How to Demonstrate the Value of Your Organization
- 21 Signs of a Positive Organizational Culture
- Creating a Positive Organizational Culture
- The Speed of Trust by Stephen M.R. Covey
- The Power of Empathy: Insight from Cleveland Clinic (video)
- Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chen Kim and Renee Mauborgne (Book Summary)
- Mindset by Carol Dweck (Book Summary)
- The Leadership Challenge by Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner (Book Summary)
- The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask about Your Organization by Peter Drucker (Book Summary)
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey (Book Summary)
- How to Create Better Nonprofit Executive Teams
- Inspiration from Homeboy Industries
- Creating Health Opportunity by Design
- The Positive Collaboration Checklist
- The Power of Positive Leadership
- Spotlight on Social Impact
- Learning to be Great
- Leading Change by Design
- Five Strategic Keys for Effective Community Collaboration
The Power of Strategic Learning
Nonprofits everywhere are being challenged to recreate their future within a landscape of dynamic change and uncertainty. Nonprofit professionals are facing the same challenge at an individual level. To meet this challenge we all need to learn at the speed of change.
Strategic learning is focused on helping individuals and organizations develop the capabilities they need to survive and thrive in a changing landscape. The key to strategic learning is to assure that learning resources and activities are designed to meet the needs of the organization and the individuals who carry out its mission. Strategic learning must be relevant, practical, effective, and time-efficient.
Elevation is designed to support strategic learning by providing key insights from expert sources in bite-sized pieces that can be consumed in short bursts of time by busy nonprofit professionals. The skills you will learn in Elevation can help you advance your career by creating positive impact for your team, your organization, and your community.