These positive practices are supported by research on traits of effective managers.
- 1. Provide Direction. Give people clear direction about the team mission, goals, roles, and responsibilities.
- 2. Manage Workload. Be creative about managing job responsibilities and workload so people can be productive without risking burnout
- 3. Encourage Collaboration. Encourage people to work together and share knowledge for the good of the team and the organization.
- 4. Support Learning. Give people opportunities to learn and grow through education, coaching, and mentoring.
- 5. Manage Change. Help your team manage change in positive ways by being proactive about communicating, listening, guiding, and supporting people through the change experience.