These positive practices are supported by research on traits of effective leaders.
- 1. Think Strategically. Always be thinking about how to optimize your organizational strategy, especially as conditions change.
- 2. Learn Constantly. The ability to learn is the most important quality a leader can have.
- 3. Build Relationships. Nobody goes it alone anymore. The leader’s job is to build internal and external relationships that can help the organization accomplish its mission and sustain its future.
- 4. Shape the Culture. Foster a positive work culture where people are encouraged to learn, grow, collaborate, and connect their work to the mission.
- 5. Equip People for Excellence. Equip people for excellence by providing learning supports, coaching, mentoring, system supports, and policy supports.