In today’s funding environment it is essential to focus your organization on delivering positive impact for specific customers. You can quickly create focus with Peter Drucker’s Five Most Important Questions You Can Ask About Your Organization.
1. What is our mission?
- Define your purpose – and make sure everyone on the team knows it.
2. Who is our customer?
- Identify your primary customers – the people whose lives you hope to change.
- Identify your supporting customers – the service partners, funders, and others you need to accomplish your mission.
3. What does our customer value?
- Learn what your customers want and need – and make this your value focus.
4. What are our results?
- Evaluate your actual results against what your customers value. Are you meeting and exceeding expectations?
5. What is our plan?
- Create our refine your plan to deliver real value to your customers. This is the surest way to accomplish your mission and sustain your organization.