Research shows that positive culture does matter for high performance. Traits of positive cultures include perceptions of high character, caring and support, inspiration, meaning, and encouragement of learning and growth. Try these promising practices to support positive culture in your organization.
- 1. Model Character. Model the virtues of respect, gratitude, trust, and integrity.
- 2. Model Caring and Support. Model caring for, being interested in, and maintaining responsibility for colleagues as friends. Provide support for colleagues, including offering kindness and compassion when others are struggling.
- 3. Offer Inspiration. Inspire others by providing encouragement and creating a shared vision of success.
- 4. Emphasize Meaning. Help others understand that value of their work for the mission of the organization.
- 5. Encourage Learning and Growth. View setbacks as opportunities for learning and growth. Avoid blame and forgive mistakes. Encourage people to be the best at getting better.