Internal communication is essential for high performance, and external communication is essential for demonstrating positive impact. These resources provide sound guidance for developing internal and external communication strategies.
- Developing a Plan for Communication (Community Toolbox). Provides guidance for developing an external communication strategy.
- Promoting Internal Communication (Community Toolbox). Provides guidance for designing and implementing an internal communication strategy.
- Template for a Strategic Communications Plan (Kellogg Foundation). A practical template that can be downloaded from the web page.
- Creating a Strategic Communications Plan (University of North Dakota Center for Rural Health). Practical guidance on strategic communications within a health context.
- The Civicus Internal Communication Toolkit. Provides a detailed step-by-step process for developing an internal communication plan.
- The Ultimate Guide to Internal Communications (Involve). A colorful strategic guide to internal communications.
- How to Write an Internal Communications Strategy (All Things IC Slideshare). A brief slide presentation showing development steps and promising practices.